Have You Implemented Successful Quality 4.0 Standards?
So, what exactly is Quality 4.0?
According to the American Society for Quality (ASQ) “Quality 4.0 is a term that references the future of quality within the context of Industry 4.0.”
The dawn of the fourth industrial revolution has forever changed the way we do business. Quality 4.0 is the term used to describe the implementation of digital technologies to improve the quality of products and services. This includes the use of artificial intelligence, machine learning, advanced analytics, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT). Quality 4.0 is a comprehensive approach that encompasses both the technology and the processes used to ensure quality in the modern digital world.
In Quality 4.0, data is captured, analyzed, and managed in order to monitor the quality of products and services across the entire value chain. This allows for real-time insights into the condition of products and services, enabling organizations to detect and address potential quality issues faster than ever before.
The use of analytics and automation in Quality 4.0 also allows for more efficient and accurate decision-making. By leveraging predictive analytics and machine learning, organizations can better anticipate customer needs and preferences and respond quickly to changes in the market. This helps to ensure that customers get the highest quality products and services possible.
Quality 4.0 also emphasizes the importance of collaboration and transparency. By making data available to all stakeholders in the value chain, organizations can ensure that everyone involved is working towards continuous improvement.
The Ecosystem of Quality 4.0 Tools
Where to Begin?
A recent Quality 4.0 study done by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and ASQ suggests that with regard to implementing Quality 4.0 initiatives, businesses need to start fast and design for scale. They recommend taking these five steps:
- Identify your pain points. Where are your process and procedures issues?
- Analyze opportunities around these pain points and then prioritize them—where do you think you’re going to get the most value with some of these new technologies?
- Define and implement on a small scale—at headquarters via dashboards, at a pilot plant, etc.
- See if you get proof of concept and return of investment.
- If yes, take your detailed roadmap and go to scale, implementing the initiative across the entire organization.
What Steps Should Quality Professionals Take to Ensure Quality 4.0 Success?
The easiest way for quality decision makers to ensure Quality 4.0 success is to apply the following initiatives to your quality procedures:
- Improve human intelligence.
- Increase the speed and quality of decision making.
- Improve transparency, traceability, and auditability.
- Anticipate changes, reveal biases, and adapt to new circumstances and knowledge.
- Evolve relationships, organizational boundaries, and concept of trust to reveal opportunities for continuous improvement and new business models.
- Learn how to learn by cultivating self-awareness and other awareness as skills.
Sources: ASQ, Science Direct
Get ready for Quality 4.0 with the help of Synesis. Our world-renowned software solutions are designed with digital transformation in mind so you can focus on your bottom line. Download our Brochure “Make the Shift to Quality 4.0” to get started.